Monday, January 7, 2008

First day in Denver

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for stopping by! Today was my first day in Denver, CO. I flew in Sunday night and met my host family - who are SO nice. They had curry chicken and a cranberry and walnut salad waiting for me - so felt RIGHT at home. : -)

This morning I saw the Rockie mountains for the first time and they where AMAZING! Don't worry, pictures will be coming soon! The sun was rising and the Rockies where glowing with this amazing golden color off the snow caps - RIDICULOUS! I'm staying in Louisville, CO - which for all you New Englanders is ACTUALLY pronounced with ALL the consonants, surprising - I know. : -) It's between Boulder and Denver - perfect location for me!

Also, today was my first day of orientation - I almost died laughing when our first activity was literally standing in a circle holding hands. Too funny! I learned a lot about what to expect in the upcoming weeks of orientation, but NOT what cities I will be going to yet. I will keep everyone updated on that as well, as soon as I know.

OK - Time to watch the LSU game, my host family are both originally from New Orleans (just to make Mary happy! : -) so I suppose that's who I'll root for today. Good thing I got that sports education in CT!

I miss everyone and hope to see you all soon!
-Karen (in Colorado)

5 comments:

Maura said...

cranberry & walnut salad.. hah.. it's like you & your host fam were separated at birth.. ;)

Jennifer X Williams said...

Pics Please!

CapeCodYuppie said...

Up With People... Down with Denver!
You should leave a dradle under every mattress you sleep on

Schnabs said...

Lerman! Now if I can just get you to cheer for the Saints we'll be all set.

Glad to see you are enjoying Colorado. Though I'd like to see a little less hand-holding and a little more grab-assing...

jenafurw said...

you are missed. and what happened with New Hampshire... ha

x obama